Chocolate Peanut Butter Tart
The classic combination of chocolate and peanut butter with a bonus kick of espresso.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 3 hours
- Yield: 12 servings
- 1 Pack of Oreos
- 5 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp espresso powder
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup powdered or confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) heavy cream
- Flaky sea salt, to finish (optional)
- Make the crust: In a food processor, crush cookies and espresso powder in 2 batches. Add melted butter and mix until combined.
- Press cookie mixture into a tart pan with a removable bottom and press crust into bottom and sides.
- Make the filling: In the bowl of a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, beat together cream cheese, butter, and peanut butter until creamy and light in color, about 2 minutes. Scrape down sides and add confectioners sugar and salt. Beat until smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Add vanilla and mix until combined. Pour peanut butter mousse into crust and refrigerate 2 hours until solid.
- Make the topping: Place chocolate chips, butter, and heavy cream into a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in the microwave for 30 seconds, stir. Repeat until chocolate is smooth. Do not overheat.
- Pour chocolate over peanut butter filling and spread evenly. Top with sea salt and refrigerate until firm.
This dessert is very rich, cut small slices!