Ginger Chocolate Biscotti
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 40
- Total Time: 60
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup crystallized ginger, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a large baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, ground ginger, and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat sugar and butter on medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Reduce speed to low and slowly beat in flour mixture until well combined. Add ginger and chocolate chips and mix just until combined.
- On a floured surface, divide dough into 2 equal portions. Shape into 10-inch long logs and flatten to about 3/4 inch thickness. Move onto the greased baking sheet and bake 25 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven (leave the oven on) and cool at least 5 minutes. Carefully transfer to a cutting board and slice diagonally into 15 slices.
- Place slices upright on the baking sheet and bake 15 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.