- Prep Time: 7m
- Cook Time: 8m
- Total Time: 15m
- Serves: 2 people
- 4 slices good quality loaf bread (I used Wegmans Garlic Tuscan)
- 1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 lb sliced smoked honey ham
- 1/4 c apple butter
- 1 red apple, thinly sliced (I used Honeycrisp)
- Heat skillet over medium heat.
- Place two slices of bread on work surface and coat with 3 tbsp apple butter. Top with sliced apples, ham, then cheese.
- Coat interior of the top slices of bread with 3 tbsp apple butter and place on top of sandwich.
- Coat outside of sandwich with mayonnaise (seriously - it works better than butter or oil!) and place in pan. Cook over medium heat until browned, flip and continue cooking until cheese is fully melted.