- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 15m
- Total Time: 15m
- 3/4 c sugar
- 3 large mashed bananas (browned bananas taste best!)
- 3/4 c vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 c flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. maple syrup or vanilla
- 6 oz chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 c oatmeal
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease or place liners in 2 muffin tins.
- Use a potato masher or large spoon to mash the bananas, leaving some small chunks for texture.
- Add other wet ingredients (sugar, oil, eggs) to bananas and mix.
- In a separate bowl (or directly on top of the wet ingredients) mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix together wet and dry ingredients, add vanilla.
- Add chocolate chips, if desired.
- Fill muffin tins 3/4 of the way full.
- If adding the oatmeal coating, melt butter and mix in uncooked oatmeal followed by remaining ingredients. Sprinkle generously on top of muffins prior to baking.
- Bake 15-18 minutes.