This easy go-to bread uses ingredients you likely have already and will be ready to eat in a hour and a half.
- Prep Time: 20m
- Cook Time: 40m
- Total Time: 1h
- Serves: 8
- Yield: 1 loaf
- 1/3 c vegetable oil
- 1/2 c butter (softened)
- 2 eggs
- 1 c granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 c flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 c buttermilk (or milk with lemon juice or vinegar - see above)
- 3/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. molasses
- 1/2 c melted butter
- 1/4 c granulated sugar
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix oil, softened butter, and sugar until well combined. Stir in eggs and vanilla until smooth.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl. Slowly mix dry ingredients and buttermilk into batter and stir until well combined.
- Separate 1/2 cup of batter into a small bowl and add remaining batter ingredients.
- Pour half of light batter into the loaf pan. Spoon half of the cinnamon batter in small dollops over the light batter. Top with remaining light batter and dot the top with cinnamon batter. Use a butter knife to swirl the two batters together in a marbled pattern.
- Bake 40 minutes or until toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs.
- Once bread is done, cool 10 minutes and remove from pan. Combine sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Brush bread with melted butter and coat with cinnamon mixture.