Sugar Snap Pea and Ricotta Salad
A quick and easy salad of sugar snap peas with arugula and creamy whipped ricotta with lots of herbs and a taste of lemon.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- 8 ounces sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 cup ricotta cheese (homemade or whole-milk)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/2 cup arugula
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons mint, chiffonade
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Olive oil
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil over high. Add peas, and cook just until bright green and tender, 1 minute. Immediately drain peas and transfer to a bowl of ice water; let stand 5 minutes. Drain well. Thinly slice lengthwise.
- In a food processor or blender, mix ricotta and 1/2 teaspoon lemon rind until smooth and creamy, about 15 seconds.
- Toss together snap peas, pea tendrils, chives, mint, dill, and lemon juice in a large bowl.
- Spread ricotta onto the serving plates and top with salad. Drizzle with oil, salt, and remaining lemon rind.
This is a great template recipe to experiment with. Prefer other herbs? Have a lime instead of a lemon? Go for it!