3 large mashed bananas (browned bananas taste best!)
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup vegetable oil
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons maple syrup, separated
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a loaf pan.
2. Use a potato masher or large spoon to mash the bananas, leaving some small chunks for texture.
3. Add other wet ingredients (sugar, oil, eggs) to bananas and mix.
4. In a separate bowl (or directly on top of the wet ingredients) mix together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
5. Mix together wet and dry ingredients, add 1 tablespoon maple syrup.
6. Add chocolate chips and half of the walnuts, stir just until combined.
7. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
8. Pour the remaining walnuts into a small bowl and add 1 tablespoon maple syrup. Blend and pour on top of batter.
9. Bake for one hour, until browned and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.