Banana Oat Chocolate Chunk Cookies are the perfect combination of some of my favorite things: oatmeal cookies, banana bread, and chocolate chip cookies.
These perfect cookies are thick and hearty with texture from the oats and chocolate chunks. They are full of warming fall spices like cinnamon and nutmeg. They have a hint of banana, but not too much.
I ate these cookies for breakfast 4 days in a row. But really though, in terms of cookies, these are about as healthy at it gets!
Banana Oat Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick), melted
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup caster/granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large banana, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chunks
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Stir together flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices. Set aside.
- Beat together the melted butter and sugars until combined. Add the egg, mashed banana, and vanilla. Mix until combined.
- One cup at a time, add the dry ingredients, and mix until just combined. Fold in 3/4 cup of the chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes, then roll into 1 inch balls and place onto the prepared baking tray.
- Slightly flatten the dough balls, and press remaining chocolate chips on top. Bake for 12 – 14 minutes until firm and golden brown around the edges.
- Cool cookies on the baking tray for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
Store at room temperature in a sealed container for up to 4 days.