Oatmeal is one of the healthiest choices you can make in the morning, and this cranberry orange baked oatmeal is filled with warm spices to start your day right.
Baked oatmeal is made with old-fashioned oats, milk, and eggs to create a soft and chewy casserole with a crisp top, similar to bread pudding.
The best news is that baked oatmeal is incredibly easy to prepare. Simply mix all the ingredients together, pour into a pan, and bake. I like using a round cake pan, but you can also use a square 8×8 or 9×9 pan to make slices like a brownie.
This dish was inspired by the baked oatmeal I had at a little Amish cafe out near Lancaster, where I met up with my former college roommates. They served it with steamed milk, which made the meal even cozier.
I was under the impression that my husband despised oatmeal of all kinds, but once he tried this baked oatmeal, he asked about 10 times when I would be making it again.
How to Store Baked Oatmeal
Fully cooked and cooled baked oatmeal can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
You can also cut baked oatmeal into individual servings and freeze until you’re ready to eat.
No matter how you store your baked oatmeal, just be sure to enjoy it warm!
For an even easier morning prepare the oatmeal in the evening, store in the refrigerator overnight, and bake in the morning.
More oat recipes:
Cranberry Orange Baked Oatmeal
- 2 navel oranges zested and juiced
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon ground clove
- 3 eggs beaten
- ¼ cup salted butter melted
- 1 ¼ cup milk
- Place ⅓ cup freshly squeezed orange juice in a small bowl. Add the dried cranberries and allow them to soak for 30 minutes while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8-inch round cake pan.
- Add oats, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, cloves, and orange zest to a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- Add beaten eggs, butter, and milk to the oats and mix until well combined. Add the dried cranberries and the orange juice they are soaking in. Mix only until combined and pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until the oats toasted on the top and beginning to brown on the sides.