- Author: Sarah
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp espresso powder dissolved in 1/2 tsp warm water
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease an 8-inch square baking pan and line with parchment paper; set aside.
- Combine melted butter, oil, and sugar together in a medium-sized bowl and whisk until well combined. Add the eggs, vanilla, and espresso; and whisk until smooth and lightened in color.
- Sift in flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Using a wooden spoon or spatula, stir until just combined.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan, and top with chocolate chips.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until the middle no longer jiggles. Remove from the oven and cool to room temperature before slicing.