Honey for this post was kindly provided by Mohawk Valley Trading Company. All opinions are my own.
Honey roasted grapefruits bring a whole new flavor to the winter citrus season. I enjoy
In this recipe, I used the tasty Goldenrod Honey from Mohawk Valley Trading Company, which has a bright and floral taste, and, as I said aloud when tasting it for the first time, “tastes like springtime.”
It doesn’t get easier than this recipe. Cut the grapefruits in half, slice out the segments to make for easy eating, top with honey and brown sugar, and pop them in the oven. Voila!
Grapefruits are known for being tart and almost sour, but once they’re roasted with honey and a bit of sugar, that all changes. They become dynamic, warm, and sweet.Print
Honey Roasted Grapefruit
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- 2 grapefruits, sliced in half
- 2 tablespoons floral honey (I used Mohawk Valley Trading Company Goldenrod Honey)
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Cut each grapefruit in half and use a small knife to cut around each segment. Remove any visible seeds.
- Drizzle honey on the open halves of the grapefruit and sprinkle 1 tsp of brown sugar on top of each half.
- Bake for 8 minutes, until all the brown sugar has melted. Change the oven to broil for 4-5 minutes until bubbling and lightly browned on top.
- Remove from oven, and enjoy warm or room temperature.
If you don’t have goldenrod honey, try substituting with clover or another floral variety.