The ideal balance of sweet and tart, this easy lemon mousse is the summer dessert you’ve always been looking for. My mom calls this 3-ingredient masterpiece “one of life’s great cheats.”
The magical three ingredients:
- Heavy cream
- Lemon curd
- Blackberries (or your favorite summer fruit)
What is lemon curd?
Lemon curd is a rich, tart cream made from egg yolks, lemon, and sugar. It is tart and tangy with just a hint of sweetness.
Lemon curd is the main ingredient of lemon bars, lemon meringue pie, and this lemon mousse. It’s also a great topping for scones, fruit, and almost any other place you would use a jam.
In most instances, I’m a huge proponent of making things at home, but, for this recipe, store-bought lemon curd works just fine. It’s preferred, actually, because Embracing the concept of simple summer entertaining means that not everything needs to be made from scratch.
How to make three-ingredient lemon mousse:
- Whip the cream.
- Gently fold in the lemon curd.
- Top with berries. That’s it!
Lemon Mousse with Blackberries
- 3/4 cups heavy cream
- 6 ounces lemon curd you’re welcome to make your own, but it’s also available at most grocery stores in the jam aisle
- 3 ounces blackberries halved
- Whip the cream until it holds a stiff peak.
- Use a spatula to gently fold the lemon curd into the whipped cream.
- Spoon the lemon mousse into small serving glasses and top with fresh blackberries. Chill for at least 2 hours, until ready to serve.