Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
- Author: Sarah
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 16 muffins 1x
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 2 Tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 tbsp lemon juice (1–2 lemons)
- 1 heaping tbsp lemon zest (from 1–2 lemons)
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 2–3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Place the sugar and lemon zest in a large bowl, mix until well combined and sugar is moist and fragrant.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and stir well.
- In a medium bowl, mix together sour cream, eggs, vanilla, and melted butter.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix just until combined
- Add the poppy seeds and then portion out the batter into the muffin liners.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes until an inserted toothpick comes out clean
- Mix all icing ingredients together until smooth and drizzle on top of muffins.