Mussels with Leeks and White Wine Tarragon Sauce
An unexpectedly easy dinner option? Mussels. With wine, of course.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 3 servings 1x
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 2 lbs mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- 1 cup seafood stock
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tbsp fresh tarragon, chopped
- Heat a heavy pot over medium-high heat. Add oil and leeks and cook until leeks are soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add wine and stock, bring to a boil. Cook until reduced by half. Add mussels and cook 3-5 minutes until mussels have widely opened
- Remove mussels to serving dish with slotted spoon. Discard any mussels that haven’t opened.
- Heat remaining cooking broth and add half chopped tarragon and 2 tbsp butter, stir until butter is melted.
- Top mussels with broth and remaining tarragon. Serve with crusty bread.
If you can buy the mussels scrubbed and debearded, do it. It can be time-consuming.