1 tablespoon olive oil
4 oz asparagus (a quarter of a bunch), trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
1 fennel bulb, sliced into thin 1-inch long strips, finely chopped fronds reserved
3 egg whites
1/4 cup milk
1/8 pound prosciutto
2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Sautee the asparagus and fennel bulb for about 5 minutes until they are slightly soft.
3. While the asparagus is cooking, whisk together eggs, egg whites, and milk in a medium bowl.
4. When asparagus and fennel are cooked, pour the egg mixture into the pan. Season with salt and pepper and gently mix to ensure the egg and vegetables are well combined. Turn the burner down to medium and let the frittata cook, without stirring, for about 4-5 minutes.
5. Sprinkle the top with the prosciutto, goat cheese, and fennel fronds. Once the bottom and sides of the frittata are stable, transfer the entire skillet to the oven and bake for about 6-8 minutes. Remove from the oven once the egg is fully cooked and serve immediately.