- Prep Time: 30m
- Cook Time: 1h
- Total Time: 1h 30m
- Serves: 10 people
- Category: Dinner
- 12 oz jumbo shells
- 1 lb ground pork
- 16 oz ricotta (I used whole milk)
- 1/2 c panko
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 c finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 c parsley, chopped
- 1/2 c heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- 4 c marinara sauce (1 1/2 jars)
- 1/2 lb fresh lightly salted mozzarella, shredded
- 1 tbsp. parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. basil, chiffonade
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil, cook shells according to package directions for al dente. Drain and transfer to a flat surface to cool while preparing remaining ingredients.
- Combine pork, ricotta, panko, garlic, egg, Parmigiano, the 1/2 cup of parsley, 1/4 cup of cream, 2 teaspoons salt and 1 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl and mix well (I used my hands).
- In a medium bowl, mix the marinara sauce with the remaining cup of cream. Spoon half of the sauce into a 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
- When shells are cool enough to handle, stuff each with 1 1/2 tablespoons of the pork mixture and rest in the sauce. Pour remaining sauce over the shells and sprinkle the mozzarella on top.
- Cover baking dish with foil and bake for about 45 minutes, then uncover and bake for 15 minutes longer, until bubbling and the pork is cooked through.
- Let stand for 10 minutes, then garnish and serve.