- Prep Time: 40m
- Cook Time: 15m
- Total Time: 55m
- Serves: 6 people
- Yield: 12 cakes
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 tbsp. flour
- 3 scallions, with green and white parts divided
- 1/2 c sour cream (optional)
- 1 pkg smoked salmon (optional)
- 1 tbsp. capers (optional)
- Peel and grate sweet potatoes
- Mix grated sweet potatoes with the eggs, flour, and the white part of the scallions (finely chopped)
- Heat canola oil on medium heat and add 1/3 cup of potato mixture to pan, flatten with spatula
- Cook 4 minutes per side, until cooked through and lightly browned. Repeat.
- In a small bowl, mix together sour cream and green part of the scallions.
- Once mostly cooled, top sweet potato cakes with sour cream, smoked salmon, and capers.