- Prep Time: 15h
- Cook Time: 8h
- Total Time: 8h 15m
- Serves: 8 people
- 3 chicken breasts
- 4 c chicken broth
- 3 cans white beans (I used Cannellini Beans and Great Northern Beans)
- 5 oz can chopped green chiles
- 2 shallots
- 1/4 c chopped cilantro
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne
- 1/4 tsp. oregano
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 can corn
- monteray jack cheese, shredded
- sour cream
- cilantro, chopped
- Place chicken breasts in the slow cooker.
- Add 2 cans of beans (reserve 1 for later) and remaining chili ingredients.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- When finished cooking, remove chicken breasts and shred.
- To thicken chili, make a slurry using reserved can of beans and 1 cup of broth removed from the slow cooker. Add beans and broth to a medium bowl and blend using an immersion blender (alternatively add both to a blender or food processor to combine).
- Add shredded chicken and bean slurry to chili and cook on high 15 minutes.
- Top with cheese and any additional toppings.