Sage Scalloped Sweet Potatoes
Thinly sliced sweet potatoes are baked with garlic, sage, and cream making for a show-stopping side dish.
- Author: Sarah
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
- Yield: 10 servings 1x
8 sweet potatoes or yams, unpeeled and sliced 1/8 inch thick
3 tablespoons sage, plus more for garnish
6 garlic cloves, crushed
3 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line the sweet potatoes in a 9×13 inch glass pan in three long columns.
- Mince garlic and sage and mix together in a small bowl with salt.
- Spread garlic mixture over potatoes, pushing between slices of sweet potato until the entire dish is covered in garlic.
- Bake, covered in aluminum foil for 45 minutes.
- Pour heavy cream over top and return to oven for an additional 30 minutes.
These sweet potatoes are best right out of the oven, served hot and drizzled with the cream remaining in the bottom of the pan.