This simple savory granola is loaded with oats, pumpkin and flax seeds, and caraway seeds which give a great rye flavor. Granola is the perfect snack for any time of
I’m a big fan of granola and how easy it is to make at home! It’s also a great way to use up assorted seeds, nuts, and oats you have in your pantry.
Simply mix all the ingredients together, spread on a baking sheet, and let the magic happen.
Really though, we ate half of the savory granola straight off the baking sheet while it was still warm (and Dan says he doesn’t like granola!)
Now, I’ve been eating it all week for breakfast in a bowl of milk and plain as a healthy afternoon snack. I’m actually going to go get myself a bowl right now…Print
This simple savory granola is loaded with oats, pumpkin seeds, flax seeds, and caraway seeds which give a great rye flavor.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- 1 3/4 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups raw pumpkin seeds
- 3/4 cups flaxseed
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup caraway seeds
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground coriander
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients. Spread on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 50 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Best eaten over yogurt, in a bowl of milk, on top of a salad, or plain by the fistful.