The ultimate combination of childhood treats: s’mores rice krispie treats. Marshmallows, chocolate, and puffed rice. A match made in heaven.
If you went to elementary school in the US and did not have rice krispie treats, please let me know and I will send some your way. They’re a classic marshmallow-filled snack, that I decided to take to another level.
This s’mores variety includes graham crackers, pieces of Hershey’s chocolate, and extra marshmallows on top. Plus my favorite part, the chocolate drizzle.
S’mores Rice Krispie Treats
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 28 servings
- 6 cups puffed rice cereal
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup graham crackers, crushed
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 7 cups mini marshmallows, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 bars Hershey’s chocolate, broken into small rectangles
- 1 cup mini marshmallows for topping
- additional melted chocolate and graham crackers for topping
- Line a 9×11 baking pan with parchment paper. In a large bowl, combine rice cereal, salt, and crushed graham crackers.
- In a large saucepan over medium-low heat, melt butter. Add 6 cups of the marshmallows, stirring constantly until melted.
- Add marshmallow mixture and vanilla extract to cereal mixture and stir to evenly coat. Working quickly, fold in 1/2 cup chocolate pieces
- Transfer mixture to prepared pan and top with additional chocolate and mini marshmallows. Cover with a piece of wax or parchment paper and gently press down into an even layer. Don’t press hard or completely flatten, or they will become tough.
- Allow s’mores rice krispie treats to set for at least 30 minutes before removing from pan to slice into squares. Drizzle with melted chocolate and serve at room temperature.