Ultimate Turkey Chili
My favorite ultimate turkey chili recipe has a little bit of spice, a hearty amount of beans, and is packed with corn and tomatoes.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Total Time: 6 hours 20 minutes
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- 1 (15 oz) can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can light red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and turkey, break up turkey and cook until no longer pink.
- Add turkey mixture to slow cooker and top with remaining ingredients.
- Cook on low heat for 6-8 hours or high heat for 3 hours.
- Taste and adjust seasonings and salt as necessary. Garnish with your favorite toppings like avocado, sour cream, cheese, cilantro, Fritos, and jalapenos.
To make this recipe without a slow cooker, use a large pot to cook turkey and onion. Then add remaining ingredients plus an additional cup of chicken broth. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes.