Whole Wheat Scones
- Author: Sarah
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 12 scones 1x
- 3 cups Bob’s Red Mill Stone Ground Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups plus 3 tablespoons heavy cream, divided
- 1/2 cup raw sugar, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Add the heavy cream and vanilla and stir until dough is just combined.
- Lightly flour a clean work surface and divide the dough in half. Gently pat each half into a circle about 3/4″ thick.
- Brush each circle with additional heavy cream, and sprinkle with raw sugar.
- Place the two circles of dough on the baking sheet, and cut each into 6 triangles.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until scones are just starting to brown and are baked through.