Herbed Potato Salad
Embrace the summer's freshest herbs with this flavorful potato salad.
Servings: 4 people
- 2 pounds baby red and gold potatoes scrubbed
- 3 tablespoons chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ¼ cup scallions thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons parsley roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons basil chiffonade
- 2 tablespoons chives thinly sliced
Heat a large pot of water to boiling. Season with salt and add potatoes. Cook for 20 minutes until just cooked through.
Drain in a colander and place a towel over top. Steam for 15 minutes and remove the towel. Once cool enough to handle, cut the potatoes in half and place them in a medium bowl with the chicken stock. Stir gently to combine and set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together both vinegars, mustard, and salt. Slowly stream in the olive oil while whisking to create a vinaigrette. Pour the vinaigrette over the potatoes and add the chopped scallions and herbs. Refrigerate for at least one hour, and serve warm or at room temperature.